Artists in this category must have extensive knowledge and mastery of the reborning process, quality and execution of workmanship must be evident.
- Realistic mottling that is well blended and has depth from layering
- Realistic nail beds and tips in a natural color for skin tone of baby
- Realistically weighted
- Realistic blue undertones in appropriate areas
- Inside of nose must be shaded or drilled out and backed
- Capillaries must be painted in appropriate areas
- Realistic birthmarks and scratches resembling that of a real baby (if present)
- Realistic veining that shows depth and has a below the surface appearance
- Must show extremely realistic skin tones depicting many layers of realistic tones and undertones using realistic coloring for ethnicity of baby
- Eyelashes can be rooted or applied
- Eyelashes must be realistic in shape and appearance with one hair per rooted follicle and no excess of glue
- Eyebrows must be painted or rooted in a natural growth pattern and be layered or rooted in realistic fashion
- Hair must be either rooted and/or painted
- Hair must be completely finished
- No partially rooted, or partially painted heads
- No hats, no bald babies
- Hair must have natural growth patterns and if rooted only one hair present in each rooted follicle
- Hairstyle of baby must be age appropriate
- Natural baby hair texture for age of baby
- Overall aesthetic appeal and presentation
- Mastery of concept and design.
Have you followed and completed all the contest rules?
PLEASE NOTE: If there are insufficient entries in this category, R.O.S.E. reserves the right to eliminate the category from this year’s competition and move entries from this category into a different, appropriate category.