Entries not conforming to the following rules may be disqualified.
- Any entry must be 100% completed by you, (meaning that any painting and/or rooting must be your own work). No one else may have helped or worked on your contest piece.
- Cost is $29 per entry. Each submission requires its own fee and individual registration. All entry fees must be paid in full before your submission will be accepted. Fees are non-refundable.
- Owners are responsible to bring posing supplies, pillows, blankets, props etc. for any submission piece. Owners are responsible to pick up all props and posing materials after the awards banquet. ROSE is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged display items or contest submissions.
- The display area for each submission must not exceed 3 feet wide x 30 inches deep x 4 feet Tall.
- Owners will be the last people to touch contest submissions when they are placed onto the show floor. After this point, only judges, will be allowed to touch submissions as they gently inspect each submission during the judging process.
- All photographs are the property of ROSE The photographs and information submitted may be used by ROSE International Doll Expo in promotional materials for nominated and winning entries.
- We will not allow nude submissions. ALL infant and toddler entries must have genitalia covered while on display. Adult aged entries must have their breasts and genitalia covered. While we understand that the nude body is considered art by many people and cultures, we are a family friendly show and respect the parents’ rights to let their children view such art at their own discretion.
- All entries will be reviewed and judged by an esteemed panel of Judges, who will evaluate each submission, then pick 4-10 finalists per category to be judged in individual criteria along with overall aesthetic appeal, excellence in concept, design, execution, and quality of workmanship.
Dolls need to remain anonymous, covered, and out of public display. Dolls submitted for judging cannot be published before submission. If ROSE has seen any entry on social media, groups, forums, Facebook, or other shows, etc., it may be disqualified.
- Dolls may not be sold during the contest. If you wish to sell your doll after the contest, you will need to purchase a table or booth. Submissions pieces MUST NOT be removed from the contest area until after the Awards Banquet!
- The Judge’s forms/score sheets will NOT be given to contest entrants.
- If there are insufficient entries in any given category, ROSE reserves the right to eliminate the category from this year’s competition and move entries from that category into a different, appropriate category.
- In order to ensure that the awards reflect the diversity of the doll world and to encourage new artists, we reserve the right to restrict the number of awards any artist may win in a single category.
- No illegally produced or plagiarized kits will be accepted.
Rules are subject to change at any time and without notice.
If you have questions not addressed here, please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org