Entries not conforming to the following rules may be disqualified.
- Any entry must be 100% completed by you, (meaning that any painting and/or rooting must be your own work). No one else may have helped or worked on your contest piece.
- Cost is $10 per entry. Each submission requires its own fee and individual registration. All entry fees must be paid in full before your submission will be accepted. Fees are non-refundable.
Submissions will NOT remain anonymous to allow the artist to submit images with watermarks.
- All photographs are the property of the artist, however by submitting you agree the photographs and information submitted may be used by ROSE International Doll Expo for promotional purposes.
- Winners names and/or nursery names will be announced.
- We will not allow nude submissions. ALL infant and toddler entries must have genitalia covered while on display. Adult aged entries must have their breasts and genitalia covered. While we understand that the nude body is considered art by many people and cultures, we are a family friendly show and respect the parents’ rights to let their children view such art at their own discretion.
- All entries will be reviewed and judged by an esteemed panel of Judges, who will evaluate each photo submission, then nominate 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners per category, judged along with overall aesthetic appeal, excellence in concept, design, execution, and quality of workmanship. Because the submissions are judged solely on the submitted images, we recommend high quality images.
- First Place winners will receive a custom made trophy that includes a mini baby of the year, and an award certificate. Second and Third Place winners receive a metal and an award certificate.
- ROSE reserves the right to recategorize entries if we feel the entry is better fit for another category.
- If there are insufficient entries in any given category, ROSE reserves the right to eliminate the category from this year’s competition and move entries from that category into a different, appropriate category.
- In order to ensure that the awards reflect the diversity of the doll world and to encourage new artists, we reserve the right to restrict the number of awards any artist may win in a single category.
- No illegally produced or plagiarized kits will be accepted.
- You MUST own the photo copyright of the images you submit, or you will be disqualified from the contest.
Rules are subject to change at any time and without notice.
If you have questions not addressed here, please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org